Saturday, June 18, 2005

Introduction

Hello and welcome.

I am Srdjan Achimovich, Serbian, EECS student, webcomic artist and I’m led to believe that I’m a nice guy. Either that or they’ve been lying to me all this time.

From now on, I’m going to use this blog to write about various things, movies, music, books, the least of all comics. That’s because I am writing about comics elsewhere, but I don’t really think that my competence in any other area is good enough to make serious (even less, objective) writing. Which means that this blog will be very subjective and, I guess, personal. No, not that kind of personal, I mean that I’m going to put my personal experience of watching/listening/reading something rather than some data or even review.

Grammar in this blog will be flunky. That’s because English is not my first language – my English is good, but for writing in some language flawlessly, you usually have to be more than good. That’s a fair warning to everyone who can’t stand reading text if the grammar is not perfect.

This blog will not be topical. Besides the fact that I often can’t get my hands on newest films and music, I also often don’t have interest to. I’ll rather talk about good old films that you’ve probably forgotten than latest hits.

While we’re at that, I do intend to write mostly about films for now. That’s what my current interests are. Later, I will probably turn to other subjects. I feel that I have to point that I have no official film education other than attending a few workshops (which was long ago anyway).

The blog is named after an old David Bowie song. It’s a sort of a hint, pointer at all pretty things around us, that you sometimes can’t see at first because they’re covered by a layer of dirt. That’s why it’s good to use your nails from time to time.

Most of all, I’ll try to be funny. This blog might end up having three readers, but that’s no reason for those three readers not to have fun.

Srdjan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home